Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Episode 10: Podcast Team-Up with The Geek Speak Show!



Back when we were at Creatures Con in August, we were able to sit down with fellow podcasters Henry San Miguel and Annie Yang (well, Annie was on camera duty!) from the Geek Speak Show and have a great discussion about how we all got into podcasting, our favorite Star Trek series, what we thought about Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi,  - you name it! Henry and his fellow Geek Speakers have been running their podcast since 2010, so they're veterans. We hope you enjoy some behind the scenes talk and some plain old geeking out! You can find the Geek Speak Show at http://www.thegeekspeakshow.com/home.html

Annie, Larry, Karen (on iPad), Henry, and Bob at Creatures Con
We hope to team up with the good folks of Geek Speak again soon! Perhaps they can come visit the command center at Planet 8? Stay tuned...

This episode, we also wanted to give a few shout outs to some listeners who we've had interactions with. We really appreciate all of you who take the time to let us know what you think. Hearing from you and knowing our signal is not just getting lost in the vast reaches of intergalactic space makes this all worth it. So many thanks and keep those messages coming! You can leave comments here, or at our other outlets:


Thanks for Listening!

4 comments:

  1. Man, I'm sounding like a broken record in these comments, but I have to say: yet another great show, featuring an interesting conversation with an equally interesting guest.
    As to the topic of Star Trek series: yes, there are definitely those of us who like Voyager, and consider it among the better, if not the best ST follow-up series. I'll defend the show against all comers - in comment threads or, if need be, on the air.
    On the Last Jedi, I'm more in Henry's corner. While I can understand some of the criticism (but not all of the weird fanboy rage that even involved online harassment against one of the actresses), I found it rather interesting, especially in the way it subverted a lot of expectations.

    By the way, I'm honored about the shout-out at the top of the show, but just wanted to note: my name is simply pronounced like 'Ed' with an 'o' at the end, i.e., it doesn't rhyme with Greedo. I use that Croatian version of my name online because it's the first name I remember being called, but when I was growing up in the US everyone just called me Ed, which you guys can as well.
    Edo/Ed Bosnar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edo! Thanks as always for the comments. Personally I think there’s good episodes and great episodes in all the Star Trek series. I love and enjoy how the original concept of the Federation and Starfleet have been developed over the years. And thanks for clarifying the pronunciation of your name. We really do appreciate your continued support! #LLAP 🖖🏼

      Delete
  2. Been a busy week, so I jumped on to listen to this podcast to kick off the weekend. Like Edo, I appreciate the shout out. Cheers to you! I do enjoy the show. You cover topics that are familiar to me, but I’m not nearly as well versed as you on some of the sci-if topics.

    Great guest comments this week. I enjoyed the conversation about “geeks” and the early convention experience before being a “geek” was cool. I have not been to enough small and mid-sized conventions recently. It’s not like the old days.

    I only really watched the original Star Trek after Karen posted about the episodes a couple of years ago on the ol’ Bronze Age Babies site, so much of the lore is still new to me. Although exposed to a few reruns as a kid, I never had the interaction you did - no Star Trek club members in my class as a kid. I wonder if there was any regionality to the fandom - West Coast vs Midwest experiences.

    Although - I did recently drive through Riverside, Iowa - the future birthplace of Captain Kirk. It was pretty fun to see the statue, signs, and banners celebrating the character throughout the town. I am sure they have fun celebrations on his birthday each year.

    I have to say I do think the Star Trek movies are too action oriented; even I, with my limited exposure to the Star Trek milieu, would like to see a more cerebral Star Trek movie.

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thereMartinez1!! Thanks for your continued support and interactions with our little podcast. Karen’s recaps of Str Trek over on the BAB blog was great and fun reading. We hope to do much more Trek related podcasts in the future. I am going to add a visit to the future birthplace of one James T. Kirk to my bucket list! Sounds like a good time! Thanks again for listening! #LLAP🖖🏼

      Delete